Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baked Purple Fries

Those beautiful purple potatoes (by the way I read that the color gives these potatoes the same anthocyanins (phytonutrients) as are found in blueberries!) I bought a couple of weeks ago were still sitting in the cupboard, waiting for me to do something delicious to them. I decided to cut them up and bake them as fries. Here they are in the bowl.

Here they are on my plate. I also had stir fry tofu and steamed broccoli.

Baked Purple Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 400 fahrenheit.
16 ounces purple potatoes, scrubbed, eyes removed, and cut into 1/4 inch fries
In a bowl, combine with:
1 tablespoon evoo
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
and stir.
Bake, spread in a single layer, for 25-30 minutes. (Mine were baked for 30 minutes and I think that was a little long, but I did use my convection oven.)
This recipe makes 3 servings of 2.2 ounces each (see my plate, above, for the size of that serving) and each serving is 4 WW points plus (and 2 teaspoons of oil per serving!).

No comments:

Post a Comment