Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pasta and Salad

I had planned something more elaborate involving sweet potatoes but my son requested pasta and I needed to make something quick anyway.

I made whole wheat penne with dolled up pasta sauce from a jar, a salad, and Tofurky. Dolled up pasta sauce means that I sauteed diced onion and garlic in EVOO for 5 minutes before I added the sauce to the sautee pan to warm it up. The salad consisted of romaine, cucumber, red onion, and cherry tomato, topped with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste at the table.
My plate

OK, I am the only one who ate all the items mentioned above but at least you know my plan. My husband ate a lot of pasta and sauce. My son ate barely anything.
My son's plate after he ate his fill.

My husband and I also had a glass of red wine with the meal.
Mmmm wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment