Monday, January 31, 2011

Chana Masala

After making a garbanzo-stellina soup over the weekend, I had some garbanzo beans left and my darling husband asked for chana masala. So while poking around online I found a recipe and gave it a shot. It was delicious! And (very) low in fat (only one teaspoon of oil)! Of course the dish would be tastier with ghee or even just butter, but I aim for the tasty and healthy, not the tasty and indulgent. The rice cooker made brown basmati rice for me (to which I added turmeric for taste and color) and I steamed some cauliflower to fill out the plate. At the table we topped the chana masala with mango chutney (from a jar) and the sweetness really deepened the complexity of the dish.

Alright, I know what you've been waiting for. Here's my plate:

I would like to credit my husband, who took this photo. He has voiced the opinion that my food photography is not the best so I guess he decided to help me out. :)

According to my calculations, this recipe serves 3 at 6 WW points plus per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment