Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Red Coconut Curry

Tonight I made a vegetarian sort of Thai Red Curry. Maybe I should call it Tasnima's Red Coconut Curry? Not really sure if it is a real dish, but I've been making something like this for, oh, 11 or 12 years now.

First I brown cubed tofu, then add seasoning (1 tsp Better Than Bouillon dissolved in 1/4 water). Then I added brocoli and snow peas. I turned the heat way down and let them gently steam for a while. I also added canned corn and bamboo shoots (both drained). I also added basil and toasted sesame oil.

Meanwhile I heated coconut milk, Thai Red Curry (I buy it in a jar), lemongrass, and salt in a saucepan.

I also cooked the brown rice pasta.

I serve it separately so the members of my family can combine it as suits their taste. Here it is all together on my plate.
My husband says he liked it, but I am not convinced. My son clearly did not like it, except for the coconut sauce. At least he didn't say it looked like throw up, which is what he said about the dal last night. I will probably not make it again for while.

Tomorrow: leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment