Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hasselback Potatoes

While cruising around the web today I found a blog post about hasselback potatoes and I just had to try them for myself. Also had stir-fry tofu, which I make often. Although I now make it in my own way, I originally got the recipe from Bettina Vitell's lovely, spare cookbook A Taste of Heaven and Earth. Along with some beautiful broccoli, cooked, of course, in the never-fail, easy, healthy way to cook veggies: steam. Cruciferous veggies rock.

Here's my husband's plate.

Here's my plate.

Note there is no cheese on my plate. The sour cream is reduced fat and would have benefited from being stirred up beforehand. Some changes I made when cooking the potatoes: I used only 1/4 teaspoon olive oil to brush them with and baked them only 40 minutes in a 400 degree convection oven, but they were a little underdone so I guess that just wasn't enough. Oh well; the recipe did say to bake them for an hour. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment