Monday, February 14, 2011

Many Colors On The Plate

My mama always told me that the more colorful a food the more nutrients it imparts. I love eating colorful food because it is also tasty and pretty in addition to being nutritious.

Breakfast. 1/2 cup organic strawberries and 1/4 cup organic blueberries on top of 1 cup of organic non-fat yogurt. These fruits, tasting so much like summer, were a fabulous way to start the day!

Afternoon Project. Gorgeous green ABC Bread. Avocado, Banana, and Chocolate Bread: golden brown on the outside, light green with dark brown splotches of chocolate chips. Full of good fats and nutrients plus enough chocolate to ensure the child eats it--a hearty piece is an excellent afternoon snack/treat for the child!

Dinner by request: Spinach-Broccoli Ricotta Pie. Organic veggies in the saute pan.
Organic beaten eggs just added to the organic part-skim ricotta. Ready to be combined. Still need to add 3 tablespoons of flour and a dash of nutmeg.

About to add the veggies to the cheese-egg mixture.

Now I just have to pop it in the oven and wait for 40-45 minutes. :) I've planned for two pieces on my plate this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment