Monday, February 7, 2011

Roast Chicken Was The Star

We had some friends over for dinner on Sunday night and my husband decided to work his grill skills. He grilled hotdogs for the children and a whole chicken for the adults (except me of course). The recipe is from Steven Raichlen's book The Barbecue Bible.

Here's the chicken which, I am told, was incredibly tender and juicy and tasty.

I made fruit salad (it was my son's idea and he helped a lot with cutting up the fruit). All the fruit was organic. A Pink Lady apple, a Gala apple, a tangerine, a pumelo, and some blueberries (took the photo before adding those, sorry).

...and olive oil crackers to go with the amazingly delicious (yet surprisingly healthy) layered dip my friend brought over. It was made of hummus, yogurt, tomatoes and cucumbers, topped with crumbled feta (all with no added oil!). Here is a photo of the crackers on the left is a plain one, then one topped with dried rosemary and grated parmesan, and on the right one topped with parmesan only). Too bad I have no photos of the dip! :(

1 comment:

  1. SofĂ­a saw the crackers and said "Are those at Tasnima's house?" She was really impressed by those I guess, because yesterday I was rolling out biscuits and she said "Mommy you have bread dough, and Tasnima has bread dough, and you roll it out and she rolls it out too!" Who woulda guessed, with the way she was running in and out of the room the whole time!

    ReplyDelete