Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Lentil Dahl and Leftovers

Tonight we had red lentil dahl again. It was better this time, probably because I put in the entire 1/4 cup of oil the original recipe calls for, sigh. Last time I made it with only 2 tablespoons of oil (1/4 cup is 4 tablespoons) but that amount was a little scant. Next time I plan to try 3 tablespoons--maybe the middle ground will work for taste without making them so fattening. We also had steamed broccoli, which I have to say was the perfect accompaniment. My husband had leftover baked butternut squash and red potatoes and the child had leftover mashed potatoes (much to his delight). He refused to taste the dahl, so his dinner was just mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli with lots of butter added on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment