Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hand Pies

I have been looking for a tasty tomato pie/lasagna recipe that is low carb/low calorie. I have not found anything that looked good enough to try until this afternoon. I found a recipe for Roasted Tomato Hand Pies with Black Olives and Feta. I had only one and a half pounds of tomatoes on hand (recipe calls for two and half pounds of tomatoes) so I substituted a pound of baby zucchini for the missing pound of tomatoes. I left out the black olives and oregano because I didn't have them. I substituted basil for the oregano.


I did not use all the pastry dough recommended in the recipe either. In fact I had quite a bit of extra and made a little treat for my dudes with the extra, some chocolate chips, and a couple spoons of sugar. (I did not have any but the two men in my life were practically fighting each other over next piece. SO I guess it was pretty good.) :)


I calculated the WW points plus value at 7 per little tomato-zucchini pie, but I think that is incorrect. This recipe was DELICIOUS but needs tweaking before I can confidently post the proper ingredients and points plus value. At least I know my husband will have a tasty lunch on Monday!

I'm thinking capers and perhaps no muffin tin (baked empanadas?)...I will post about this idea again.

No comments:

Post a Comment