Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Popcorn Cauliflower, Polenta, and Tofu

I wanted to make a dinner that was not too fussy. I decided on Popcorn Cauliflower because all you do is cut it up and stick it in the oven. When it comes out you sprinkle cheese on it and eat! Also polenta--which I cheat on because what I call polenta is actually just corn grits cooked a little long--is really easy. (And I do not add fat of any kind to the corn grits--my family can do that to their own taste on their own plates. I prefer to keep my fat intake streamlined.)

And of course, the stir fry tofu (as mentioned in last night's post) is my standard protein offering. I could almost make it in my sleep. Here's tofu just added to the pan (with 1 tablespoon oil and one teaspoon butter hot and ready to sizzle the cubed tofu).

Here's the tofu about half way done.

My version of polenta cooling in the ramekins I use as molds.

Here's my plate. (Tofu has been browned on all sides and then tamari added once it is good and hot!)

The Popcorn Cauliflower recipe comes from Kids Cook 1-2-3 by Rozanne Gold. I do not think I will make it again--it was not that tasty, especially considering the amount of fat (in the form of olive oil and cheese) in the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment