Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beautiful Bright Butternut Squash

Mmmm the beautiful bright orange color, that soft flesh, that sweet buttery flavor: I love butternut squash. Of course it is full of beta carotene and fiber and other goodness, which is the other reason I love it and want to feed it to my family.

As you can see from the photo above, I decided to add some cut red potatoes to the dish and, after cleaning and chopping, tossed them together with olive oil, fresh rosemary, and salt. Bang 'em on a baking sheet and into a 350 degree convection oven for about 30 minutes. Here it is, in the serving dish, with steamed cauliflower in the background. We also had leftover tofu.
Here's my plate. We added butter and grated parmesan cheese to the cauliflower for my son.
Cauliflower and butternut squash are zero WW points plus. (I had seconds of the cauliflower.) There was about 2 teaspoons of olive oil on the portion of squash and potatoes I ate, which is 2 WW points plus. I had about 2-3 ounces of baked red skin potatoes, which is 3 WW points plus and my tofu was 6 points per serving, for a total of 11 WW points plus for this healthy, delicious, satisfying meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment